The school library is open to pupils from 8:30-4:00 during school days and is closed during school holidays.
Any school library books MUST be signed out before being removed from the library without exception, and are the responsibility of the pupil borrowing them until they are returned. Fines are not generated on overdue books but they should always be returned or renewed on time.
When using the school library, please observe the rules below so that everyone can enjoy using the space as much as possible.
How to use the library
- Please come to the library prepared to study or read
- Food should be eaten downstairs in the social area – drinks in sealed containers are fine
- Work quietly so as not to disturb others
- Library computers are to be used for school work; no games are allowed
- All pupils working in the library during class time need to sign in/out at the desk
- Up to four pupils per table and two per computer, please unless you have been given permission by the Librarian to work as a group
- All books must be signed out before leaving the library
- Please tidy all chairs away to their proper place after use
- Any books needing to be tidied away can be left on the trolley near the desk; please leave the shelves as you find them
- If you need help, please ask!